PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The primary purpose of this Business Analyst role is to work with the Director of Product Strategy to analyze, document and communicate business & functional requirements in the areas of Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), GDSN and Unique Device Identifier (UDI). You will work closely with our Product Management, Development and QA teams to communicate and clarify business requirements and support the product marketing and technical writing teams to generate product collateral for new product launches and ongoing release updates.
We are looking for motivated, analytical, responsive, and reliable individuals who are excited about diagnosing challenging technical problems, enthusiastic about achieving product success and demonstrating the initiative to take charge of their career development. Individuals who are willing to go ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty in developing functional solutions to address new market needs.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe. Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’.
If you’re excited by the prospect of working in a company with tremendous growth, and you’re the type of professional who is reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e-Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data. Made Simple.’ – and to achieve even faster growth rates over the next five years.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
You will work with the Director of Product Strategy & Management to:
- Document user stories in JIRA corresponding to the business requirements and UI/UX designs supporting new product releases on Innovit’s product roadmap
- Keep abreast of GS1 standards and quarterly GDSN release upgrades.
- Keep abreast of the FDA GUDID standards and the EU Commission EUDAMED standards and corresponding release upgrades (minimal and less frequent changes compared to GDSN).
- Perform for each GDSN and Global UDI release an impact analysis and document any attribute changes, code list changes, business rule changes and any other relevant technical consideration. A standard template for this impact analysis will be provided by Innovit.
- Ensure impact analysis and documentation is always done in a timely manner (i.e., within 2-3 weeks of the relevant documents being provided) to ensure timely communication to customers as well as provide adequate time for Innovit development and QA to estimate impact.
- Ensure documentation is always version controlled and updates to the analysis document are captured in the Version Control section with the appropriate version number, date, summary of changes and the person who made the change.
- Occasionally interface with GDSN data pool providers (e.g., Atrify, 1WorldSync, GHX, NPC) and regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA/European Commission) to clarify requirements and source relevant documentation.
- Walk through your user stories to Product Management, Engineering and QA teams and help with any follow-up questions and clarifications.
- Serve as the key point of contact for business requirements and user stories during backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-up and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Provide relevant product content and knowledge handover to technical writers and product marketers to generate collateral for product launch and release updates.
You will be expected to:
- Develop a solid domain expertise in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), GDSN and Unique Device Identifier (UDI) markets with the help of externally available resources as well as guidance from Innovit experts.
- Develop an understanding of Innovit’s existing products to address the above markets and the different types of users and roles using them.
Skills and Cultural Requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
You must have the following technical capabilities:
- Demonstrable ability to generate business requirement documents, functional specification documents or impact analysis documents
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively across teams such as Product Managers, Developers & Test Engineers, Customers and Partners in a decentralized environment
- Effectively able to translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to self-manage and meet multiple deadlines
You must have these professional traits:
- Capable of working independently after sufficient product/application training
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire new domain knowledge, self-guided learning capability
- Comfortable reading through business requirement documents, functional specifications, technical specifications and any relevant documentation with attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance
- Willing to challenge design decisions
- Natural willingness to share information among team members (mentoring) and leadership
- Understand and apply usability concepts in solution design, appropriate to UI/UX
- Willingness to accommodate overseas time zones depending on project geographies (e.g., US, EU and/or Australia)
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- GDSN or UDI experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- PIM or MDM experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- At least 2-3 years of post-undergraduate experience in a technical software role (technical support, software development, or business analysis)
- Proven history of working with Client’s end-users and technical users
- Working within demanding timelines on multiple tasks/tickets simultaneously
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Global Data Synchronization (GDSN) or Unique Device Identifier (UDI) solutions is a plus.
- Experience working with clients in Life Sciences and Healthcare industry is highly interesting.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Software Engineering or Information Systems from a reputable tertiary academic institution.