PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
As a Director of Product Management, you will be responsible for owning the detailed product roadmap, prioritization, functional and technical requirement definition, UI/UX requirement definition and providing guidance to the product development, QA and consulting teams to successfully release and implement products that delight customers and meet strategic business objectives
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe. Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’. Our mission is to design, build and deliver high-quality enterprise software that our users can self-learn and self-deploy with minimal consulting services footprint.
If you’re excited by the prospect of working in a company developing products that can be marketed, sold, deployed and supported with minimal business friction, and you’re the type of executive who is reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e-Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data. Made Simple.’ – and to achieve even faster growth rates over the next five years.
Can you stand up to this kind of challenge?
Objectives and Responsibilities
You will work with the executive management team to:
- Keep abreast of market, technology, and customer trends and translate them into product requirements
- Translate Innovit’s product strategy and roadmap to specific product plans by capturing functional and non-functional requirements.
- Define high-level product plans for 12-18 months while managing quarterly planning of backlogs.
- Establish and facilitate continuous communication with engineering, QA and UI/UX designers to ensure product objectives and requirements are fully understood.
- Work closely with engineering and QA teams to track development of products and features to ensure that release timelines and schedules are met.
- Work with designers to create intuitive, simple-to-use and best-in-class UI/UX for Innovit products with a user-first mindset
- Work with designers to develop user-facing products & and non-user facing software tools that maximize business scalability by reducing friction in Innovit’s sales, marketing, software deployment & support processes
- Work with other product managers and business analysts to translate business requirements and UI/UX features to user stories
- Facilitate product development by serving as the key product owner in backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-up and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Ensure all release requirements are met and product capabilities (including UI/UX) is implemented as designed and function as expected.
- Define and track metrics that establish product success criteria and identify improvement opportunities within your product areas
- Collaborate with development, IT and other cross-functional teams to investigate new technologies as necessary and create a plan for adoption/implementation in Innovit products
- Be the voice of the user/customer in front of management, developers, designers, consultants, and other stakeholders of the product definition process
- Guide technical writers, copywriters and audio/visual content creators to generate product collateral such as user guides, admin guides, release notes and tutorials.
- Guide the marketing team in their creation of product launch materials
You will be expected to:
- Manage the release of products according to Innovit’s product roadmap & timelines
- Ensure that sufficient resources are budgeted for in UI/UX design, engineering, QA and support teams in order to meet product release timelines
- Develop a solid domain expertise in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), GDSN and Unique Device Identifier (UDI) markets with the help of externally available resources as well as guidance from Innovit experts.
- Develop an understanding of Innovit’s existing products to address the above markets and the different types of users and roles using them.
Skills and Cultural Requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
You must have the following management capabilities:
- Demonstrable ability to translate product vision into functional and non-functional software requirements
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively across teams such as Product Managers, Developers & Test Engineers, Customers and Partners in a decentralized environment
- Effectively able to translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to self-manage and meet multiple deadlines
Skill & Cultural Requirements
You must have these professional traits:
- Lead by example and lead with integrity
- Expect high standards of work performance & product quality (4 standard deviations above the average)
- Understand and apply usability concepts in solution design, appropriate to UI/UX
- Articulate in both verbal & written communications
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire new domain knowledge, self-guided learning capability
- Comfortable reading through business requirement documents, functional specifications, technical specifications and any relevant documentation with attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions, or seek assistance
- Willing to challenge design decisions and
- Natural willingness to share information among team members (mentoring) and leadership
- Willingness to accommodate overseas time zones depending on project geographies (e.g., US, EU and/or Australia)
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- GDSN or UDI experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- PIM or MDM experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- 10+ years commercial experience in B2B software development companies with at least 8+ years of Product Management experience
- Demonstrable experience leading a team of Product Managers, Business Analysts and UI/UX Designers
- Strong experience with requirements gathering, software design, product planning and development
- Proven track record of managing, developing and launching enterprise-level SaaS applications
- Ability to make product decisions by considering both long term product vision and short-term market requirements
- Be able to work regularly in a cross-functional team involving executives, UI/UX designers, engineers and testers
- Fluency in software development lifecycle (SDLC) practices and frameworks like Agile/Scrum, Kanban and Waterfall and ability to operate comfortably in these frameworks as needed. Engage in continuous process improvement
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), GDSN or Unique Device Identifier (UDI) solutions is a plus
- A bachelor’s degree in business and information technology from a reputable tertiary academic institution.
- Post-graduate degree in Economics or business management from a reputable tertiary academic institution.