PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
We are looking for a junior creative Digital Product Designer (UI / UX) to join our team!
As a Junior Product Designer, you will be responsible for assisting in the delivery of the best online user experience, which makes your role extremely important for our success and ensuring customer satisfaction and loyalty.
You will be designing ideas using various methods and latest technology. You will be designing graphic user interface elements for enterprise level software.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe. Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’.
If you’re excited by the prospect of working in a company with tremendous growth, and you’re the type of professional who is reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e-Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data. Made Simple.’ – and to achieve even faster growth rates over the next five years.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
Objectives and Responsibilities
As a junior UX-UI Designers at Innovit you are generally responsible for collecting, researching, investigating and evaluating user requirements. You will be empowered to deliver an outstanding user experience through the support of our product team to provide an exceptional and intuitive application design.
You will work with the Head of Design to:
- Plan and implement new designs
- Optimize existing user interface designs
- Test for intuitivity and experience
- Communicate with clients and internal stakeholders to understand their business goals and objectives
- Assist in the development of technical and business requirements and always strive to deliver intuitive and user-centered solutions
- Maintain our UI library and design system
- Create prototypes for new product ideas
- Test new ideas before implementing
- Conduct an ongoing user research
You will be expected to:
- Develop an understanding of Innovit’s existing products to address the above markets and the different types of users and roles using them
- Already possess a solid domain expertise in these disciplines:
- Master Data Management (MDM) or Product Information Management (PIM)
- GDSN and/or Unique Device Identifier (UDI)
Skills and Cultural Requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
You must have the following technical capabilities:
- Demonstrable ability to generate user research studies, user flows, personas, low definition and high definition prototypes
- Familiar with Adobe CC and in particular Adobe XD. Figma or Sketch is a plus.
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively across teams such as Product Managers, Developers & Test Engineers, Customers and Partners in a decentralized environment
- Effectively able to translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to self-manage and meet multiple deadlines
- UI design portfolio
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant fields or equivalent experience
- Ability to discuss and explain design rationale
- Detail oriented
- Critical thinker
- Problem solver and customer-centered mindset
- Knowledge of Human Centred Design and latest best practises
You must have these professional traits:
- Capable of working independently after sufficient product/application training
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire new domain knowledge, self-guided learning capability
- Comfortable reading through business requirement documents, functional specifications, technical specifications, and attending online briefing sessions with stakeholders
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance
- Willing to challenge design decisions
- Natural willingness to share information among team members
- Understand and apply usability concepts in solution design, appropriate to UI/UX
- Willingness to accommodate overseas time zones depending on project geographies (e.g., US, EU and/or Australia)
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- User research technical skills and knowledge are highly desirable
- Have at least 2-3 years of commercial experience comprising:
- 2 years of experience as a UI Designer or similar role
- 1 year of experience in conducting user research and applying it to UX design
- Proven history of working with client’s end-users and technical users
- Working within demanding timelines on multiple tasks/tickets simultaneously
- Experience in implementing systems for Master Data Management (MDM) or Product Information Management (PIM) is a plus
- Experience working with clients in Life Sciences and Healthcare industry is highly interesting
- A bachelor’s degree in Design – UX interaction design or Business Information Technology – User Experience Design (or similar) from a reputable tertiary academic institution.