PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
This is a new leadership role, which involves managing a team of analysts, as well as managing the expectations of key executive stakeholders. While there will be some hands-on involvement in requirements analysis when the team is still small, our expectation is for the successful candidate to manage and lead the Business Analytics function.
The primary purpose of this Lead Analyst role is to work with the Director of Product Strategy & Management, and Director of Program Management to deliver and socialize high-quality documentation and audio-visual content which captures functional and user requirements for all Innovit initiatives, whether product development, internal business transformation projects, or customer-facing service & product delivery. Product Development initiatives involve gathering functional and non-functional requirements for both new product development and product maintenance. Internal transformation projects may include process automation systems (such as timesheet management systems, ERP replacement, license key management, or customer self-service portals etc.). External customer projects may include implementation consulting and channel partner enablement tools.
This role requires effective skills in prioritization, planning and communication of business & functional requirements in the areas of core product development, product maintenance and service delivery. You will work closely with our Product Management, Software Development, QA and Product Delivery teams to capture, communicate and clarify their business requirements. You will be expected to support the product marketing and technical writing teams to produce accurate, useful and relevant product collateral for new product launches and ongoing product release updates.
We are looking for a highly analytical, articulate, responsive, and reliable individual who is excited about managing a team of analysts to diagnose complex functional problems, with a thirst for achieving high-quality product design outcomes and success in user experience. We need a professional who is willing to go ‘above and beyond’ the call of duty in developing functional solutions to address new market needs.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe. Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’.
If you’re excited by the prospect of leading teams in a company undergoing tremendous growth, and you’re the type of leader who is visionary, reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e-Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data. Made Simple.’ – and help us build teams that scale at even higher growth rates over the next five years.
Leadership is not for the faint-hearted! Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
Objectives and Responsibilities
Work with the Director of Product Management and Director of Program Management to:
- Document business & functional requirements and UI/UX designs supporting new product releases on Innovit’s product roadmap. Keep abreast of GS1 standards and quarterly GDSN release upgrades
- Keep abreast of the global UDI technical developments (FDA GUDID and European Commission EUDAMED standards and corresponding release upgrades)
- Oversee and/or perform impact analysis for each GDSN and UDI release. Document any attribute changes, code list changes, business rule changes and any other relevant technical consideration. Develop new templates for this impact analysis as required for new standards
- Review & assure the quality of functional requirements documents and audio-visual content
- Ensure that impact analysis and documentation is always done in a timely manner (i.e., within 2-3 weeks of the relevant documents being provided) to ensure timely communication to customers as well as provide adequate time for Innovit development and QA to estimate impact
- Ensure that documentation is always version controlled and updates to the analysis document are captured in the Version Control section
- Occasionally interface with GDSN data pool providers (e.g., Atrify, 1WorldSync, GHX, NPC) and regulatory agencies (e.g., FDA/European Commission) to clarify requirements and source relevant documentation
- Support your analyst’s walk-through of user stories to Product Management, Engineering and QA teams and help with any follow-up questions and clarifications
- Serve as the key point of contact for functional requirements and user stories during backlog grooming, sprint planning, stand-up and sprint retrospective meetings
- Provide relevant product content and knowledge handover to technical writers and product marketers to generate collateral for product launch and release updates
You will be expected to:
- Lead your team of analysts with hands-on involvement to deliver accurate, comprehensive, readable & pertinent functional requirements documentation in both audio-visual and textual formats
- Develop a solid domain expertise in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), GDSN and Unique Device Identifier (UDI) markets with the help of externally available resources as well as guidance from Innovit experts
- Develop an understanding of Innovit’s existing products to address the above markets and the different types of users and roles using them
Skills and Cultural Requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS:
You must have the following technical capabilities:
- Organize a small team of analysts with effective communications, task prioritization, time management, provide visibility of task progress and resolve conflicts (resource and scheduling)
- Demonstrable ability to generate business requirement documents, functional specification documents or impact analysis documents
- Demonstrable ability to work effectively across teams such as Product Managers, Developers & Test Engineers, Customers and Partners in a decentralized environment
- Effectively able to translate business requirements into a technical solution
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to self-manage and meet multiple deadlines
You must have these professional traits:
- Lead by example and lead with integrity
- Expect high standards of work performance & quality (4 standard deviations above the average)
- Articulate in both verbal & written communications
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire new domain knowledge, self-guided learning capability
- Comfortable reading through business requirement documents, functional specifications, technical specifications and any relevant documentation with attention to detail
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance
- Willing to challenge design decisions and assert your best ideas & critical assessments
- Natural willingness to share information among team members (mentoring) and with leadership
- Understand and apply usability concepts in solution design, appropriate to UI/UX
- Willingness to accommodate overseas time zones depending on project geographies (e.g., US, EU and/or Australia)
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- GDSN or UDI experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- PIM or MDM experience and knowledge is highly desirable
- At least 2-3 years of team management experience in a consulting or systems analysis function
- At least 5-7 years of post-undergraduate experience in a technical business analyst role (technical support / consulting or business analysis)
- Proven history of working with customer’s end-users and technical users
- Working within demanding timelines on multiple tasks/tickets simultaneously
- Experience in Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM), Global Data Synchronization (GDSN) or Unique Device Identifier (UDI) solutions is a plus
- Experience working with clients in Life Sciences and Healthcare industry is highly interesting
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Software Engineering or Information Systems from a reputable tertiary academic institution