PRIMARY PURPOSE OF ROLE
The role of PreSales Consultant reports to the Director of Business Development. This professional is responsible for providing pre-sales consulting services primarily to prospective customers and channel partners to assist the sales team in driving revenue growth by winning new customers and new revenue channels. Deep knowledge of regulatory compliance in Life Science and Healthcare industries is highly desirable, and extensive experience in selling & delivering MDM, PIM, GDSN compliance and/or UDI compliance is essential for the candidate to succeed in Presales.
WHY SHOULD I TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
Innovit is a fast-growing and dynamic software company, which has transformed over the past five years, from being a master data management software leader with operations only in Australia and New Zealand, into a multinational organization with aggressive expansion into North America and Europe. Our US and EU businesses are growing at 150+% year-on-year.
Innovit’s vision is to deliver high-quality master data that can enable the realization of e-Health, and to digitize Healthcare & Life Science value chains with ‘trusted data’.
If you’re excited by the prospect of working in a company with tremendous growth, and you’re the type of professional who is reliable, innovative, committed and ethical, we invite you to join Innovit in realizing our “e‑Health vision” with the motto ‘Trusted Data. Made Simple.’ – and to achieve even faster growth rates over the next five years.
Are you ready for this kind of challenge?
Objectives and Key Responsibilities
- Support sales team with services larger enterprise prospects during pre-sales cycle.
- Help Sales team convert and close new sale opportunities (both new and existing accounts)
- Help each sales executive in winning at least US$2,000,000 in net incremental revenue per year with 70% of that revenue being recurring software and cloud hosting subscriptions.
- Achieve pre-sales NPR scores and satisfaction scores of 9+/10.
- Conduct pre-sales business analysis of prospects’ business drivers and requirements.
- Understand the challenges and problems faced by each prospective customer or sales channel partner.
- Understand our competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how they position by gathering competitive intelligence
- Position Innovit solutions and services in a differentiated way.
- Prepare & deliver presentations and solution demos.
- Assist with preparing Tender submissions and Proposals.
- Maintain an intimate knowledge of all sales strategies, products & services offerings.
- Ensure a consistent & high standard of all information and documentation presented to prospects & customers.
- Produce technically accurate, low risk, carefully considered proposals in conjunction with sales executives to ensure that projects are handed over to Project Management and the Solution Delivery team.
- Prepare demonstrations including relevant data loading, configuration and altering Python scripts for data validation and business rules.
- Preparing presentations and demos that are standardized, and well documented by audio-visual training content, for all major use cases that Innovit solutions can support, and make these demos effortless to less and deliver.
- Impress the prospect with Innovit’s domain knowledge, subject matter expertise, impressive solution capabilities and ethical, professional style of engagement.
- Help customers identify and determine their key business challenges/needs and recommend solutions.
- Provide training and presales related consulting services.
- Work within cross-functional teams that comprise other business consultants, technical consultants/developers to ensure customer engagements are executed professionally and seamlessly.
Skills and Cultural Requirements
ESSENTIAL TECHNICAL SKILLS
- Be an articulate, and passionate presentator and speak English fluently at the professional level;
- Be proficient in communicating at all levels – end-users, technical users, mid‑management, and executive level.
- Excellent written & oral communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organization skills with the ability to self-manage and meet multiple deadlines.
- Know how to Ask relevant questions (especially ‘open’ questions) to discover business requirements & process/data challenges, understand political and decision-making process at the prospective customer’s environment.
- Understand business operations and possess a good working knowledge of ERP, SCM, PLM and QMS systems (e.g., SAP, Oracle, JDE, Microsoft Dynamics365 (former AX and Navision), NetSuite, Agile, PTC Winchill, 3DX, Pronto or similar software products).
- GDSN and/or UDI knowledge is mandatory.
- Capable of working independently after sufficient product/application training.
- A quick learner with the ability to acquire new domain knowledge, self-guided learning capability.
- Comfortable reading business requirement documents, functional specifications, technical specifications, and any relevant documentation with attention to detail.
- Not afraid to ask questions or seek assistance.
- Willing to challenge solution design decisions.
- Natural willingness to share information among team members (mentoring) and leadership.
- Willingness to accommodate overseas time zones depending on project geographies (e.g., US, EU and/or Australia)
- “Going above & beyond” attitude!
DESIRABLE TECHNICAL SKILLS
- PIM or MDM knowledge is highly desirable.
- Have at least 3-5 years of commercial experience comprising:
- 1-3 years of post-undergraduate experience in a functional role, business analysis and consulting (nice to have) role.
- 2-3 year of commercial experience in a Presales role or as a functional consultant.
- Presales or functional consulting experience in these systems or processes is essential:
- Global Data Synchronization (GDSN) and/or Unique Device Identifier (UDI)
- Proven history of collaborating with client’s end-users and technical users.
- Working within demanding timelines on multiple tasks/tickets simultaneously.
- Presales or functional consulting for Master Data Management (MDM), Product Information Management (PIM) or workflow is a plus.
- Experience collaborating with clients in Life Sciences and Healthcare industry is highly interesting.
- Supporting sales channel partners in a training and presales capacity.
- A bachelor’s degree in Business Information Technology, Software Engineering, or Information Systems from a reputable academic institution.