New Product Introduction – How an NPI Workflow is the Key to a Winning Process
Developing and following a robust NPI process and workflow can make the difference between success and failure. An NPI workflow helps boost sales, customer satisfaction and revenue growth.
The ideal NPI process is comprised of a set of systematic steps that help gather crucial product information. The data may eventually be used for both transactional and reporting purposes in sales, marketing, R&D, production, quality assurance, supply chain logistics, merchandising and finance.
NPI Workflow Automation
The NPI Process involves collaboration between multiple stakeholders in and outside of the company. Designers, engineers, manufactures, sales & marketing experts, supply chain professionals, packaging & labeling providers and regulatory compliance personnel are each responsible for a series of tasks prior to any product launch.
Automating workflow orchestration is key. It enables organizations to pre-define the necessary sequence of events, such as New Item Setup or Regulatory Approval. The workflow can also orchestrate independent tasks by routing to the right person/team as needed (dynamic routing), rather than defaulting to a one-size-fits-all approach.
The ideal process will:
- Automate communication between multiple stakeholders involved in the NPI process
- Facilitate collaboration between different activity owners both inside and outside the organization
- Provide a sequence of tasks to manually track – and then automatically assign – to the correct users or departments
- Deliver parallel workflows enabling different groups to work on their respective set of data concurrently Outline pre-configured reminder policies to alert users of key deadlines and milestones
- Automate escalation policies to notify managers or other relevant users when tasks are not completed on time
Talk with Innovit team about how to automate your NPI process with Innovit iWirkflo. It’s the complete solution for enabling an efficient NPI process end-to-end.